Every time someone engages in service, they not only enrich their own lives but also help Volunteer Fairfax achieve its mission of meeting community needs. Beneficiaries of volunteers may include a teen who has a strong mentor, those hungry and homeless who are fed and sheltered, and animals who are found forever homes.
We are proud to be part of the impact on the community. We are also grateful for our supporters’ generous investment to help us amplify community impact by Leading, Connecting, and Mobilizing through volunteerism.
2021 Volunteer Impact by the Numbers
Volunteer Fairfax engaged 9,971 individuals who contributed 30,606 hours of volunteer time providing $891,861 in value-added service to the greater community.
Here is a snapshot of VF’s recent impacts:
- More than 180 volunteers were recognized at the virtual 2021 Volunteer Service Awards.
- Served 650+ nonprofits & charitable organizations
- 110 active Volunteers for Change members served 3,318 hours
- 226 active RSVP 55+ volunteers served 3,613 hours supporting 40 local agencies
- 158 court-referred clients were placed in volunteer service through the Alternative Community Service program
- Volunteer Management Training Program presented 35 webinars to 1,079 participants
- Coordinated the mobilization of 427 volunteers who supported local Vaccine Clinic and Community Equity Clinics serving 7,047 hours.
VF’s recent accomplishments:
- Selected for the 2021 Catalogue for Philanthropy
- The Volunteer Management Training Program was credentialed in FY 2021 for participants to receive professional credit hours toward the Certified in Volunteer Administration (CVA) designation.
- Established the Volunteer Fairfax Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Work Group in FY 2021.
- Nominated for a 2018 Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce Outstanding Corporate Citizenship Award for Non-Profit of the Year
- Awarded FVCbank’s 2017 L. Burwell Gunn Citizenship Award
- Awarded the 2015 Golden Gavel Award for Nonprofits by the Fairfax Law Foundation