Supporting the Community When It’s Needed Most
Volunteer Fairfax is the designated lead agency for recruitment and deployment of affiliated and spontaneous volunteers as well as the management of spontaneous volunteers during an emergency. Volunteer Fairfax continues to fulfill its mission by mobilizing people and resources to meet community need through involvement in Fairfax County and Regional Emergency Response and Recovery functions.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Volunteer Fairfax continues to support Fairfax County and its residents by managing virtual or in-person volunteer or donation needs. Our Emergency Response team partners with the Fairfax County Office of Emergency Management (OEM) to assist in coordinating emergency mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery services to the residents of Fairfax County along with Fairfax County agencies and partners. Click to view current volunteer opportunities and donation needs.
- Managed an $80,000 donation of 75,000 pieces of critical PPE for distribution by Fairfax County Emergency Management to local hospitals, health care facilities, and first responders.
- Received approximately 15,000 KN95 masks from a prominent Fairfax County business.
- Coordinated the collection of 20 pallets of food to Food for Others working in collaboration with Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD) and Volunteer Alexandria.
- As of mid-June, we have collected 9074 reusable handmade cloth masks towards the County’s 65,000 goal.
- Four Volunteer Emergency Team (VET) Volunteers have served cumulatively over 50 hours at the American Legion Warehouse, where donations are collected.
- Participated in an interview with MoreJoy Radio (listen here)
- Engaged with over 500 donors who have provided PPE, cloth masks, food, and other items for the Fairfax County Government.
- Volunteer Fairfax also compiled a COVID-19 resource page with ways to support those in need in the community.
If your organization has current needs due to the COVID-19 health crisis, let us know so that we can promote them to the community. Opportunities submitted should follow CDC guidelines that support keeping the community safe and healthy. Contact us here.