Court Appointed Volunteerism at Its Best

Alternative Community Service (ACS) is an option that enables court-referred and pre-trial (attorney referred or recommended) clients to perform community service in lieu of a fine or jail term and to enhance their reputation with the Court. We actively work alongside probation officers, attorneys, and court officials to provide the best possible service to achieve a successful outcome for the client.

How to Get Started

Interested individuals should send an email to ASC with the following information:

  • Name
  • Full Mailing Address
  • Phone Number
  • Birthdate
  • Availability to volunteer (i.e. weekends, evenings, daytime, etc.)
  • Court date or date hours are due
  • Court system (i.e. Fairfax County General District, etc.)
  • Charge
  • Number of hours needed
  • Name and email address of the person to whom hours need to be reported upon completion
  • Information regarding referring source (are the hours ordered by the court, recommended by an attorney – pretrial, or the result of an attorney agreement)

Please note: We do not accept clients who are under 18 years of age or who have a violent/assault charge. This is also a fee for service program, so to be fully accepted into the program you will need to pay an administrative fee.

ACS staff will determine if this program can support you in completing service related to a court case. Once the information is submitted you will hear from a staff member within 3 business days.  ACS staff will be in touch to determine based on your location, availability, and personal needs in a community service placement and to process the administrative fee for this service. You will then receive your community service placement and begin completing your service.

Click here to email ACS.