To celebrate Volunteer Fairfax’s 47th anniversary, we have officially launched Move Forward, a capital campaign to advance VF’s growth post-pandemic.
This is your opportunity to have a sustainable impact on the future of Volunteer Fairfax as we scale our programs to meet the pent-up demand for volunteerism during pandemic recovery.
You have been Volunteer Fairfax’s strength over the last year. At the start of the pandemic, you asked, “What can I do to help?” Over 200 community members answered VF’s call to action and donated to our Stronger Together and United As One campaigns raising close to $50,000. Your impact was far-reaching which allowed VF to:
- Organize and participate in three “Stuff the Bus” events collecting 94 tons of food for local food pantries.
- Lead the Fairfax County homemade mask collection drive to distribute 52,000 masks to our most vulnerable neighbors.
- Mobilize volunteers to craft 10,000 valentines distributed to Inova healthcare workers during our 2021 MLK, Jr. Weekend of Service virtual event.
A heartfelt THANK YOU for everything you have done to sustain us and our nonprofit partners!
Why should I give to Move Forward? VF’s programs rely on gifts from individuals like yourself. Without you, we cannot host special events like the MLK, Jr. Weekend of Service, or continue programs that engage volunteers of all ages, or train our nonprofit partner volunteer coordinators. Your investment helps Volunteer Fairfax carry out its mission to aid many of our 650 nonprofit partners who need volunteers to support their work. According to Points of Light, 60% of the nonprofit workforce is made up of volunteers. Donating to Move Forward has an impact that goes beyond VF.
How much does VF want to raise with Move Forward? Move Forward is an ambitious sustainability campaign to raise $100,000 from now until June 30, 2022. This is your opportunity to make a transformative gift to VF which will have a lasting legacy.
How can I give to Move Forward?
- Give to VF’s major gifts program
- Make a multi-year pledge
- Become a recurring monthly donor
- Make a one-time donation here
Please contact Marianne Alicona, Director of Development, to learn more about the above Move Forward giving options.
Be part of our journey to rebuild and restore our community – let’s Move Forward together.