Join our Student Advisory Board for MLK Jr. Day
Each year Volunteer Fairfax hosts Give Together, a family friendly volunteer event, on MLK Jr. Day. This event is geared to young people between the ages of 5-12 and their families. We work with nonprofit partners to create meaningful volunteer activities meant to inform and inspire families on service opportunities in our community.
We host this event on Martin Luther King Jr. Day, a National Holiday dedicated to Dr. King’s memory and his vision of service. This year we are looking to expand the event to include a teen specific volunteer activity. To help us define activities that appeal to this audience, we are looking to set-up a council of between 3-5 high school students to help us engage the teen audience. This advisory board will have the opportunity to help us shape an event (and event activities) that resonate with a diverse group of high school students.
- Students who are currently in 9th, 10th, and 11th grade.
- Students who reside in Fairfax County.
- Students who are available on Tuesday’s Via zoom from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm beginning on November 15 and continuing through January 10th (with no sessions held on 12/20 or 12/27).
- Students must be available on MLK, Jr. Day to attend the volunteer activity.
The deadline to submit the application is Monday, November 7nd, 2022. You will be notified if you have been selected by November 11th, 2022.
We have closed applications for the Student Advisory Board. Thank you to all our applicants, we will be reaching out to you with your application status shortly.
1. If accepted, plan attend the first meeting on November 15th, 2022 at 3:30-4:30.
2. Continue to attend weekly Zoom meetings and to provide input into the planning of a teen activity for MLK Jr. Day
3. Plan to attend the event on Monday, January 16. Location TBD but will be in held in Fairfax County location.