RSVP- Northern Virginia’s Mission
RSVP-Northern Virginia is the region’s largest volunteer network for people age 55 and better. Its mission is to mobilize the skills and talents of its volunteers to help meet the community’s needs in and around Fairfax County, Arlington County, and the City of Alexandria.
RSVP volunteers bring years of skills and experience to the organizations they serve. Individuals choose how, where, and how often they want to serve, with commitments ranging from a few hours to 40 hours a week. As an added bonus, the program offers monthly group service projects meeting where volunteers get to meet and work alongside like-minded volunteers.
Leading with a Lifetime of Experience
Each RSVP volunteer brings at least 55 years of talent and experience to the table! RSVP volunteers have hundreds of service opportunities from which to choose, some utilizing current skills and others providing an opportunity to learn new things.
- Supporting local food pantries
- Providing transportation for seniors
- Mentoring children and adults in financial literacy
- Delivering meals to shelters and seniors
Enrich Your Life and the Lives of Others
Studies show that volunteering helps us enjoy healthier, longer, and more fulfilling lives. Most RSVP’ers tell us that they get more out of volunteering than the folks they are helping. Volunteering with RSVP keeps people connected to their community and provides outstanding social opportunities to meet other like-minded volunteers all year long.
Other benefits of joining RSVP include:
- Personalized volunteer placement
- Free accident and liability insurance while serving
- Optional mileage and meal reimbursement
- Invitations to free social and recognition events
- Fun and educational training opportunities